As we mentioned in a previous blog post, portions of the National Mall in Washington, D.C., are getting proposed design updates as part of a competition. The Trust for the National Mall announced the winning designs today—OLIN & Weiss/Manfredi will be redesigning the Sylvan Theater near the Washington Monument, Gustafson Guthrie Nichol & Davis Brody Bond will take on Union Square, and Rogers Marvel Architects & Peter Walker and Partners had the winning design for Constitution Gardens. The three projects will be phased in, and groundbreaking for the first project—which hasn’t been determined yet—is set to take place by 2014. A key ingredient in deciding which project will go first is fund-raising, and now that the winning designs have been chosen, the fund-raising will start in earnest.
Free Issue: April 2013
- @puremodern furniture is now offering trade pricing to ASLA members puremodern.com/pages/trade-co… … 6 days ago
- RT @landarchitects: Job Alert: @landarchmag is looking for a new Staff Editor/Writer. asla.org/ContentDetail.… 1 week ago
- We are hiring someone >>> Landscape Architecture Magazine, Staff Editor/Writer - D.C. Details at mjobx.com/K4CUAw 1 week ago
- Meet landscape architecture professionals and students from around the world. Register for #ASLA2013 bit.ly/10lF0oj 1 week ago
- Register and save now. #ASLA2013 is in Boston. See you there. bit.ly/10lF0oj 1 week ago
Reach Landscape Architects