As we mentioned in a previous blog post, portions of the National Mall in Washington, D.C., are getting proposed design updates as part of a competition. The Trust for the National Mall announced the winning designs today—OLIN & Weiss/Manfredi will be redesigning the Sylvan Theater near the Washington Monument, Gustafson Guthrie Nichol & Davis Brody Bond will take on Union Square, and Rogers Marvel Architects & Peter Walker and Partners had the winning design for Constitution Gardens. The three projects will be phased in, and groundbreaking for the first project—which hasn’t been determined yet—is set to take place by 2014. A key ingredient in deciding which project will go first is fund-raising, and now that the winning designs have been chosen, the fund-raising will start in earnest.
Free Issue: December 2013
- @Land8 So glad you enjoyed #ASLA2013! Just to clarify: those articles were by FLO Jr. FLO Sr. (the image in the post) died in 1903. Thanks! 22 hours ago
- @Land8 @cortneykirk @CopleyWolff @LandFX good find indeed! Now to figure out where we put his invoice... 22 hours ago
- RT @SamFoxSchool: A World of Feed: Story on #WUSTL traveling seminar Spatial Practices I: Productive Landscapes featured in December issue … 2 days ago
- The high costs of corn fuel - After the Corn Rush, in Dec LAM bit.ly/1b8TZai 3 days ago
- RT @surface678: The late Vollis Simpson and the Whirligig Art Park are featured in this month's Landscape Architecture Magazine. The piece … 1 week ago
Reach Landscape Architects