The Istituto Nazionale di Architettura is asking young designers (entrants must be under 40 years old at the time of submission) to share their “intelligent, ecological, and productive” ideas for parkways and railways in a design competition called Green Boulevards: Parkways for the Third Millennium. The goals for these designs are extremely ambitious: The roads should be “networks for distributed generation of green energy, providing economy and employment,” according to the competition brief. Two winners will get 5,000 euros each, and along with the first four runners-up will be invited to participate in study groups working on an interregional master plan for Italy. If you want to participate, you must register online by 10:00 a.m. November 5. Submissions will be accepted through November 15.
Free Issue: April 2013
- ASLA announces 2013 honors: Warren Byrd to receive ASLA Medal; Reed Hilderbrand garners Firm Award, among others bit.ly/1aoWUuG 10 hours ago
- RT @ASLAMeeting: Just heard the Westin is booked solid for #ASLA2013. Register and book your hotel room before the others sell out! http:/… 1 day ago
- RT @ASLAMeeting: Last reminder: Early Bird pricing ends today for @ASLA2013 - Register and book your hotel to save up to $225 http://t.co/F… 4 days ago
- @ASLAMeeting Yes they will! Thanks, @IRONSMITHINC! 6 days ago
- RT @ASLAMeeting: Don't forget: Early bird pricing for #ASLA2013 ends on Friday! Register and book your hotel now and save up to $225. http:… 6 days ago
Reach Landscape Architects