Laurie Olin, FASLA, is among 11 artists (plus one arts group) who will receive a National Medal of Arts on July 10 from President Obama at the White House. The citation reads, in part: “Renowned for his acute sense of harmony and balance between nature and design, Mr. Olin has dedicated his energy to shaping many iconic spaces around the world and to educating new leaders in his art.” We could scarcely offer a higher endorsement, though we would add a note about Olin’s wit and charm. Also, 12 outstanding people will receive National Humanities Medals that day, including the spellbinding photographer Camilo José Vergara for “his stark visual representation of American cities.” The full list of recipients is here.
Free Issue: December 2013
- Happy holidays! Our December issue, including the 2014 Product Directory, is free online bit.ly/1f2H5Li http://t.co/LbhjFtZe6b 15 hours ago
- RT @JenniferEditor: Making a list of fav Landscape-saavy Blogs @landarchmag What's yours? bit.ly/1iDcnOo #landarch #design #urban #… 4 days ago
- @Land8 So glad you enjoyed #ASLA2013! Just to clarify: those articles were by FLO Jr. FLO Sr. (the image in the post) died in 1903. Thanks! 5 days ago
- @Land8 @cortneykirk @CopleyWolff @LandFX good find indeed! Now to figure out where we put his invoice... 5 days ago
- RT @SamFoxSchool: A World of Feed: Story on #WUSTL traveling seminar Spatial Practices I: Productive Landscapes featured in December issue … 1 week ago
Reach Landscape Architects